Every year I do New Years Resolutions. This year is no different. Funny thing, i usually post my resolutions on the web with my goals in mind and don't look at them again until the next year.
So how was 2009 in the spirit of Resolution making, eh?
- Paint More - every year, I will add this resolution - I didn't paint at all. I don't know if I'll bother adding this resolution again. Because if I don't add it, I'll probably actually do it.
- Buy a truck - after this winter, I have discovered that it would be nice to have transportation after my little mazda kept getting stuck. that, and a truck would be nice to have. Yes, I'm keeping the mazda. gas prices will undoubtedly go up again.
I bought a truck. I love my toyota tacoma, though I did have a brief fear I bought a lemon. I had to replace the Leaf Springs, and that is not an easy fix, especially for somebody who doesn't have the luxury of shopping around for a good deal.
- Get a Motorcycle License - I have a fear of motorcycles. I want to overcome it.
I actually still want to do this, learn how to ride a Motorcycle, but I don't think its a huge goal for me, maybe it should go on my Bucket List
- Concealed Weapon's Permit - In the next couple of weeks, I need to do this.
I left my state and didn't really see the point in getting one for Kentucky when I can't conceal carry in my job, and when I do carry, everyone knows I'm carrying. You can't exactly hide a rifle that well. I should do this for this year definitely.
- Get a real Job - This is dependent on what happens over the next couple of months. If I mobilize, that counts.
I mobilized. It definitely counted.
- Date More - very important, I just need to work on my social life.
I think I did well considering what my social life consisted of. I think my unit wishes I was more social. But I did do pretty well for me, and I think 2010 will be better.
- Max Out APFT - I should just make this a staple resolution. It will be easier if I mobilize, but I need to work at it even if I don't. I think I would be happier if I'm active and stay in shape.
This is only Amber because I almost maxed out the sit ups (missed it by one). The rest, i was doing alright until Fort Lewis came a knockin', and I didn't work out for six weeks while I hid out in the woods sniping cadets with blanks. That was fun at times, I really should write up about it sometime.
- Run More - In par with above resolution, we can include Bloomsday, but only if I'm in town for it.
Bloomsday didn't happen, because i was out of town for it, but I was doing really well at the beginning of the year. But I would put this in the green if I stayed with it. I'm great at running when i'm doing it, but if I fall out of habit, my running sucks.
- Get Into Rock Climbing - Good hobby that keeps me physically active. And it's fun!
I've got a friend who's really into this and I went with him a couple of times. If I stay home, I will definitely have this more in teh green.
- Go Back to College - I might just be taking general ed courses or something, but I really would like to continue with my degree. I may never see a Bachelor's, but I need to do something.
Didn't step foot in a classroom this year.
- Save more Money - I want more money in my savings account. especially if the economy goes down the toilet. It would just be a nice thing to not have to worry about as much as everyone else is.
Somebody needs to make an intervention between me and my bank account to assure more goes into my savings. I'm doing alright, but I have a desire to want to spend it when I have it.
- Send out Christmas cards - this is a good way to keep in touch with people. I sent them out last year, I want to do it again this year. And I want to get more addresses too.
I was just to damn busy with other things.
- Avoid the words Hope and Change like the plague - Holy crap I was watching the ball drop last night and that's all they were talking about was hope and change. Gag me, I'm just hoping Obama turns out to be a better president then i think he will be.
You know, I wasn't really paying attention if I used the words hope and change or not.
So let's see, 13 resolutions (man, I was asking for it with that number)
2 Green, 5 Amber, 5 red, one I'm not sure about, let's say I did more on the negative then the positive, so this year wasn't that great for resolutions. Which makes me wonder why I even bother making them.
So, 2010, here it goes!
- Knock off some states off my States I haven't Visited Yet list - The states on that list are Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, Alaska and Hawaii. This will go on the green for sure, I'll be knocking off the first four states on this list at the end of this month.
- Read and Finish at least one book a month - I used to be a huge bookworm, but I have gotten more into writing then reading lately. I think picking through a book a month should be doable. Probably more then that actually.
- Run Bloomsday under an Hour Thirty - Only if I'm in town for it. There is a possibility I might not be. But if I'm not, I want to run and finish one road race close to it's equivilent. That means I need to train for it too. Which means running.
- Operation Zombie Plan - This is a thing I want to do, it's kind of a joke that I'll remain vague about until I unveil it, but seeing it on here will remind me next year if I completely forgot to do it.
- NanoWriMo - This happens in November. I did it successfully two years in a row. Let's go for Three!
- Write and Publish a Short Story - Short Story is key, as well as the publish part. That means a story under fifty thousand words (that is short for me). i think I can do this best with one of my existing characters.
- 24 Hour Comic - I want to do a 24 hour comic. My rag tag team of loyal readers would be appreciative.
- Give Comic an Ultimatum - Continue it or Kill it. This will be a green regardless. This year decides whether this comic lives or dies. I will finish the current comic arch at the very least, and if I decide to end it, I will try to give it some kind of close.
- Work on Social Life - I'm leaving this vague, but my problem is I'm a huge homebody, I love being in my space. I need to get out of my shell and get out more.
- Be More Active - I would like to train for Triathlon and put that on my to do list, but that would probably be raising the bar to high for me and then I'll give up before I even accomplish it. but I have this really good friend who is super active and I'm hoping he can help get my motivated to get off my butt. This goes with the Rock Climbing from Resolutions Past.
- Employment - I just need to get a decent job, or figure out what I'm going to do. Whatevs.
- Concealed Weapon's Permit - A holdover from last year. I want to get one.
2010 is going to be an interesting year regardless. I have several different routes that I can go, and they all are spawned from whether or not I'm a go on this upcoming mission this spring (I'm Alternate, and it's very much up in the air, though i should know more after this weekend I would think). If it happens, the rest of my year is decided for me. If it isn't, I have about six different routes I can go from there, and everything is kind of interlinking with everythign else. Like, if Plan A falls through, onto Plan B, if Plan B doesn't work, onto Plan C, if that's a no-go, Plan D it is. So I'm actually really flexible in a lot of ways. I got options. Which leaves this year over all