I skipped this annual tradition last year. I still have it saved in my drafts, unfinished, because it got pushed to the side like so many things have in my life.
01. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Became mother to a two year old. That is something in and off itself. I also did a couple trail rides competitively that I hadn't done before.
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I always make them, don't always keep them. This year I did pretty horrid.
03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, now that you mention it. The one and only blog post this year that wasn't centered around new year's was my daughter's birth story. I also had quite a few cousins give birth.
04. Did anyone close to you die?
Tim, my barn cat. This hit me hard, mainly because it was my fault. I accidentally ran him over and it made me sick to my stomach.
05. What countries did you visit?
None. No new states either.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Sanity. And Time.
07. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 3. Take a guess.
08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Delivering a healthy baby girl in under two hours of labor with no drugs. That was pretty awesome actually.
09. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting my garden in. Really, it's been kind of a chill year in that regards. I can't think of any at the moment.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Does childbirth count? Though I came out of it pretty well. I also got bucked off a horse and maybe broke my thumb (sucked it up and didn't see a doctor, but it hurt for a few weeks so I'm guessing it was bruised pretty well at least)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Whenever Kaia goes to the potty on the toilet, or listens to me, and doesn't destroy my house, it merits celebration. Yay Kaia!
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I try not to let other people get to me, so maybe it is time for this question to be rephrased. Anyway, Kaia got to me several times, being a two year old (throwing phone into the toilet, smearing poop all over the house, doing a lot of questionable crap with said poop), and in subsequent actions, I get mad and frustrated with myself.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To kids and various 'projects'.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Gus getting orders out of here.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2013?
Wrecking Ball is a guilty pleasure.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Oh gosh, I think I'm more stressed now. Just where things are.
ii. Thinner or fatter?
Thinner, only because I'm not four months pregnant.
iii. Richer or poorer?
I'd say it's a draw.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Ran more, or just did more activities, whether it be races, running, adventures, snowboarding, snowmobiling, things like that. This was a pretty activity-less year. Although I did a couple trail rides that were pretty awesome and I wish I had discovered them earlier.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sat on my ass surfing the net on my iPhone. The thing eats time. I told my husband I wanted a basic flip phone with texts when I was ready to upgrade, he talked me into another iPhone and I kick myself.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Quietly, at home, with my family. Very mellow and easy going day. Christmas Eve was spent at my sister's house playing games and eating dinner.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Yes, I have a second child now. No matter how much they stress you out, you can't help but love them
23. Favorite Month 0f 2013
New Question for this year. I'll say May. Because new baby and all, and it had some fantastic weather. Though I must admit, Spokane really rocked October. Perfect Fall weather. September was a pretty great month as well.
24. What were your favourite TV programs?
I started getting into Breaking Bad, didn't finish it. Phineas and Ferb is hilarious.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try not to hate on people. Really, juvenile question. Next year it will be rephrased to say something like, Did you have a falling out with anyone that left a particularly bad taste in your mouth? To which I will reply for this year, hmm, not really. (I think most of the questions on this little year in review were written by a teenager at the time I found them)
26. What was the best book you read?
I didn't really read, but I did a fair bit of writing (its my escape, when I get into a writing mood I have to write my way out of it)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
What Does The Fox Say? Ok, so I totally cheated because my brain is mush. . .
28. What did you want and get?
A sushi making kit.
29. What did you want and not get?
A knitting kit, but it's all good. I'll get one later.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I think I saw a grand total of five films this year. I don't sit through movies anymore and the movies I do watch are geared toward families, so I'll say Monster's University.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33. My husband took me to eat Sushi. He knows me well.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a perfectly content and well-mannered two year old, but you know what? Honestly I wouldn't trade her for the world, no matter how destructive and rambunctious she is.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
34. What kept you sane?
I have a two year old. I am far from sane at this moment.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
Dr. Ben Carson is up there, though I disagree with him on Gun Control. Otherwise, argh, I cant think of any! I'm caught up in mommy world that public figures don't hold my attention these days
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gun Control and ObamaCare. I am against them both.
37. Who did you miss?
Maybe this should say 'What'. What did I miss? Not one, but two weddings, and subsequently opportunities to catch up with many cousins, friends and family.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
A little girl named Ashlyn
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
Life's to short to get to stressed out, because when it is all said and done, it doesn't matter, it's just infuriating at the time you are in the middle of it. You'll laugh about it later.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Drive me crazy!