5.19.2007

School Woes

I've come to the decision that going to school online is not working for me. It might be the whole communication thing for me or my undecided lack of motivation currently, but I don't think this is what I want to do anymore. Now don't get me wrong, I still want to go into Animation or Game Design, but I don't think that this is the way I'm going to go about getting my degree. In other words, I need to find a school that offers a good curriculum for getting my degree choice that is affordable and in a classroom. Of course, this will mean I will likely have to move.

I think what got me is the fact that I'm paying a lot of money to attend school and I don't feel like I'm getting the information I need from it. In fact, I'm tempted to just buy the books and learn it on my own, because honestly, this is how the whole school appears to be run. Its a curriculum for reading a book that is monitored by another adult that sometimes offers their advice. I've had some good teachers and all, but I'm not getting what I want or need out of this course. I'm going to attend one more quarter, then go to Drill Sergeant School and afterwards try to find a way to mesh all of this together and figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. *sighs*

I was motivated with this course at first, but in all honesty I'm getting some heavy doubts with it. It might work for some people, but its definitely not for everybody.

I fear that my financial aid is so screwed up right now that the school could be charging me for things that I'm not getting and I wouldn't know the difference one way or the other. I do need to get that all sorted out before much else.

No comments: