1.01.2011

2010 - Year in Review

It's January first, and you know what that means?

I post my end of year in review questions and answers. This has become a theme for me, one that I think I'm going to try to keep up with. One that I am ditching (because I think I may have seen four current movies this year) is my best and worst movies of the year review. No point really when a former movie buff no longer really watches movies.

Anyway, onto the questions!


01. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
This is a doozy of a question, this was quite a wild and crazy year for me! Let me see, I went jeeping, got engaged, got married, went rock climbing on actual rock and not a rock wall, did Pattern Racing on Horseback, got pregnant, (had a miscarriage), went snowmobiling, among other things. Kind of an exciting year.

02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I did pretty good this year on resolutions. That will be detailed in the next post.

03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so, but as soon as I say that, somebody close to me is going to say 'hey, what about me? How did you forget me?' and I will feel like a doofus.

04. Did anyone close to you die?
Again, can't think of anyone.

05. What countries did you visit?
No countries this year. However I did see four more states, which brings my total of states visited to 45. The states I visited this year that I hadn't visited before was Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and North Dakota. I did visit Minnesota in 2009, but I flew through it and am not sure if I counted it or not.

06. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
I don't think I was lacking much in 2010, this has been, for the most part, a fantastic year for me. But I can think of one thing, a steady job :P Married life has not been conducive to my productivity.

07. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There is a few. March 22, the date I was engaged. April 24th, the day I got married. (yes, we had a quick engagement). October 24th, the date I realized I was pregnant. November 10th, the date I miscarried.

08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting married! I didn't think this would ever happen, and it is a huge achievement for me.

09. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know if I could count it as a failure, but it was a big blow for me (fortunately, I've moved past it) but losing my pregnancy.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Should I state it again? I had a miscarraige. I've learned it can be a big deal.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My horses, Jet and Breezy. We also just purchased snowmobiles, but they are still relatively recent (like two days ago)

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
I'm thinking next year this question needs to be rewritten. But I will say my hubby's :) He is quite an awesome guy!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Hmm, not sure. I know a few people I got frustrated with, but I wasn't appalled and depressed by them. Another question worth rewriting for next year?
Ok, there is one person, but granted, he's six. I discovered upon this that I can't do roommates.

14. Where did most of your money go?
This year, it seems to have gone toward horses.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting Married!

16. What songs will always remind you of 2010?
Marry Me by Train

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I am doing awesome right now. I was doing pretty good this time last year as well.

ii. Thinner or fatter?
About the same. Right now I'm working out pretty regularly and feel pretty active, but a month ago I wasn't.

iii. Richer or poorer?
Financially, it's a draw. In many other ways, I think I'm richer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had discovered Pattern Racing earlier then I did, but then again I didn't have the means of transportation to get my horse to the pattern races. But this year, if possible, I would love to do it again!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Played Farmville, Mafia Wars, Vampire Wars, etc. Browser Games are addictive and completely pointless. I've milked myself off most of them, just a handful left.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent Christmas Eve with my parents and family and opened a few presents, had a quite christmas morning with my husband, went to his parent's place and had more christmas, and then went back to my parent's and even more christmas. And we also had lot's of snow.

22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
This was something I didn't think would ever happen but YES! Hell froze over!

23. How many one night stands?
I have them all the time, with my husband :P

24. What were your favourite TV programs?
We didn't watch much TV, finished Lost, saw the only season of Flash Forward, and I got my husband into Avatar, the Last Airbender. But overall, didn't watch much TV

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
This is a very juvenile question. Maybe next year I will completely come up with a completely different list of questions. I did have a small falling out with somebody I knew, but I wouldn't call it hate. I haven't heard from them in months.

26. What was the best book you read?
I can't think of any books I read in 2010 other then How to Train Your Dragon (quick read, nothing like the movie). I wrote mostly, and was doing a lot of other things. Didn't have time to read.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Oh gosh, I don't listen to the radio much. There was a couple though. I'll admit to liking Kei$ha, though her music can sometime remind me of the imaturity of a 14 year old and she can sound a little snobbish. But it's kind of catchy. I discovered Parmore the year before but I really really REALLy like this group!

28. What did you want and get?
Horses, a husband, a great house out in the country.

29. What did you want and not get?
A job. I did have a small one for a couple months, but it was kind of bad hours for me, threw off my entire day, I have decided I won't do graveyards.

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I didn't see much, but Inception was fantastic. I love quirky mind bending movies though.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30. There was a blizzard, I ended up trading a snowboard for something else and then had to prep the stalls to take a couple horses for the evening. Then I stayed at home and chilled until my husband got off work.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not losing my pregnancy. (I feel like a broken record, this was the worst thing that happened to me this year though)

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
T-shirt, jeans and muck boots. Hay sticking out in random places.

34. What kept you sane?
Horseback riding! And my husband. This was a pretty sane year for the most part.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
Never really been into public figures and celebrities. But Chris Christy is a fantastic no nonsense politician. I love the guts this man has!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not a whole lot really, I kept current on politics but mostly the economy was my biggest concern. Obamacare is a disaster in the making. But I didn't really get to caught up in things this year, I had my mind on a lot of other things.

37. Who did you miss?
My husband :( He deployed three weeks after we got married, but he was only gone for four months, thankfully :)

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I've met a ton of great people this year, my sis in law Jessica could be potentially one of my best friends (if only we lived closer together!) Also one of my new racing buddies. I married into a great family. Also, many of my new 'horse' friends.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
It's not about me anymore.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You are the only exception."

No comments: