8.19.2008

Mexican Food

About a week ago, I was really craving some mexican food. The thing was, it was kind of late, I just wanted to spend a couple of bucks and get something quick and take it home with me.

I'm not much of a fast food eater, and I hadn't eaten some Taco Bell in some time. There is only two reasons why I eat at Taco Bell. It's cheap, and it's quick.

Or so I thought.

I went to Taco Bell and noticed the line of cars backed up and thought 'eh, I'll just go inside.' so I went inside and got in line.

Ten minutes passed. Maybe fifteen. It was a while before I even got to ordering my food. I didn't really even think about it. For some reason, if I don't have someplace to be (which is usually RIGHT THEN) then I just turn off my brain and relax. Because most people who know me know I get really high strung when I need to be somewhere and have to wait around for a while. And I didn't really so much mind the wait to order my food right then, because it was an opportunity for me to just sit there and not think about anything for a bit.

So I ordered my food and sat down waiting to get it. There were about six other people waiting to get theirs too. We waited. And waited. And then I began to realize that we had waited for a while, especially when what appeared to be a mother of one of the patrons came in wondering why it was taking thirty minutes to get their food when she sent her son in to get it because it was to long to wait in the drive thru. apparently, they were pushing the drive thru people through and leaving us in the store to rot.

It took them 25 minutes from the time I ordered my food to actually get it.

And it wasn't even that good.

So it was cheap. I guess I got what I paid for, because it sure in hell wasn't quick.

I won't be going to Taco Bell again any time soon.

Meanwhile, a couple of days ago, again craving mexican, I decided to just take the time to go to a sit down place and order up some. I mean, if I have to wait for my food, I might as well enjoy it.

They sat me down and I ordered my food within three minutes. They had it out to me in another five. I was done eating and paying my bill in less time it took Taco Bell to give me my food. And I paid double what I paid over at Taco Hell, but the food was actually good. It wasn't like the slime they try to pass for cheese at Taco Bell.

Indeed, you get what you pay for. No, I won't be going to Taco Bell for a long time.

No comments: