10.02.2006

Another Freakin' List

Alright, in honor of my life is a full fledged bore right now, and I have absolutely nothing to talk about right now that doesn't involve a couple of carpet sharks, I decided to talk about the future! *ooh!*

Future being the very near future.

  • 24 Hour Comic Day is this Saturday, Oct 7. The question is, should I or shouldn't I? Just for fun (as there is no official place near me to do it)? I could actually start on Friday if I want to and work into Saturday, as long as Oct 7 is involved someway or somehow, and I would have to draw a 24 page comic in 24 hours. I've never done something like this, and it sounds like fun. And if I do it great! If I don't, well, there's always next year.
  • Nanowrimo, which I signed up for last year and it promptly, well, died. I didn't stick with it I guess. I'm thinking about trying my hand at it again this year, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to, or maybe I will? Jared says I should take the one story in my library offline. I'm inclined to agree with him. It went nowhere, and it looks like that's where it will stay.
  • School, which isn't really something I need to heavily worry about in the same manner as the above, as its a certainty and not a maybe. I finally got my classes. I went ahead and went with Westwood, though it looks like I might be doing classes that I'm not to happy to do. If I were to do this again, I think I might have changed things around a wee bit and done it a little different. But overall, it'll probably be a good thing for me. I'm signed up to take the test out of COmputer Applications come October 30, but they signed me up for at least one other class that I also had plans to possibly potentially test out of. I want to see if I can change this around at all. Looks like I might be talking to my advisor tomorrow.
  • Work, ok, I need a part time job. Nothing fancy, just something to provide a little extra income while I'm at school. Getting this small part time job is my number one priority for this week. Right after getting school straightened out.*
  • Paint the front room anything except for Lime Green and Mango Orange. At least my retina isn't shot yet.
  • CERT Classes, something I should blog about. I've been having fun with them, and we have about four more to go. Hmm, yeah, this will make the blog list definitely. Just got to remember to go Monday Evenings.
  • Art Exchange thingees, where I'm outstanding in one and only have one other for the month of October. I get to draw a equine character, and a pretty flippen' cool one at that. I think I'm going to go all out for it, as it will likely be the last character I draw for a long time that doesn't belong to me.
  • I still want a dog. For running. I need a running buddy to get me in shape, and a dog is available no matter what. In fact a dog will enourage me to get in shape. Because they will want to go on a walk at least once a day, so why not make it a run? But mostly, this tab is about me running more. And excerising more. And what not.
  • Join YMCA. Or something. Anything. Hopefully, it encourages me to get off my behind and work out. That's the goal here. See above.
  • I need to get into running so I don't get my butt handed to me in Drill Sergeant School. I leave in March. I need to be ready.
  • Which brings me to the army. Reenlistment's a go, Bonus came in. But there are some other things I need to take care of.
    • Promotion Packet. Got to get this together and ready to turn in. I think I'll submit it sometime in November.
    • Eval Appeal. Somebody freakin' smack me for not getting this done already?
    • Student Loan Repayment. This is money that is mine. Well, its money I could use to do other things besides pay my student loans back. The army's supposed to do it. Please tell me why I haven't gotten this taken care of already? Oh, that's right, because I have never gotten the army to fork it up.
    • GI Bill. Well, actually, this goes hand in hand with School, because they have to do it. I need to get my DD214 from leaving active duty and send it to them to tell them that I qualify for the 1607 vs the 1606 which is a bunch of army jargon most of my readers don't understand anyway but translates into more money. That I will need.
    • Tuition Assistance. This falls also in with the above. Now that I finally got my classes, I'll get this taken care of first thing tomorrow.

  • For the purposes of TLC, Discovery Channel, and History Channel, I'm seriously considering getting cable. For now, we only have TV shows on DVD to watch over and over again. Lately its Animaniacs. I tend to sit in front of the tv and have it on in the background while I work on stuff.
  • Of course, there is always Creature.

I don't think I got everything, I never do.

* - Disclaimer. Irony of this statement not lost on me.

No comments: