4.04.2008

Thanks For Flying and Serving

I'm traveling in uniform. I have found that traveling in uniform has its downsides, but it has its perks as well.

One, if you are in uniform, you don't have to remove your boots when you walk through the check point. Two, you get a lot of people thanking you for your service. Three, if there is an empty seat in first class, the flight crew will come up to you and ask if you would like to sit there.

So on my way from Denver to Oklahoma City, I flew first class for the first time. Ever.

It was nice. I had plenty of leg room. They actually served my drink in a glass. I was the first one off the plane.

But I look back, I didn't really need to fly first class. Actually, I was having a nice conversation with the people next to me and actually hesitated taking the seat because I was leaving them.

But its still nice to get noticed and thanked.

The downside to traveling in uniform? Well, you stand out like a soar thumb. You can't walk around with headphones in your ears and you have to be extra cautious about what you are doing because you are representing the the military and you have to remain a professional.

But when you get somebody who comes up to you and thanks you sincerely for your service, it does make it worth it.

Even if I do make a living out of yelling at people.

No comments: