1.01.2006

2005: Year in Review

01. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Ooh, a lot of things! Some of them I'm not at liberty to talk about :P

Traveled Europe should probably top that list however.

02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Um, this is a subject for another post. See Here.

03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not anyone this year that I know of real close, well, other then some cousins of mine, whom I've lost track of.

04. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandmother passed away about two weeks ago.

05. What countries did you visit?
Hmm, let me see. Germany, Kosovo (part of Serbia), FYROM, Greece, Bulgaria, Austria, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland. And if you count it, I hung out in Iceland for about two hours.

06. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
How about a life not jurisdicted by the United States Army? And more time in the states!

07. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There are a few dates, May 2nd was the LIT concert, December 1st was my last straw with my NCOIC, January 8th was the day I left the states, January 27th was the day I arrived in Kosovo, June 1st was the day me and Nate made it official, September 3rd was the day we broke up. Every day from September 24 - October 12, which was Leave time and spent in bliss, September 22 I got in a car accident.

Um, I got a lot of dates actually.

08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Seeing as much of the world that I did. Also, the Schutzenschnur was a thing that I wanted to do. Also, doing as much extracurricular activities as I have accomplished, like the DANCON and Big Duke. Things like that really.

09. What was your biggest failure?
My work output this year should have been a lot better. I blame myself and a certain somebody that will remain unnamed, but they know who they are and they know that I can't stand them. In fact, putting up with them and trusting them for as long as I did will be my biggest failure.
I also had planned on doing a lot more then I ended up doing. Like maxing out my PT test. I didn't do to hot on that portion of my New Years Resolutions. Again, another post. Will get there in a minute.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
How about I finally talked to somebody about my mental state? Other then that, nothing serious. I stressed my leg playing Volleyball and couldn't run for about three weeks.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Guitar. Though I didn't keep up with it like I wanted to, I plan on doing that when I get back home. I also love my new WACOM drawing tablet. :D

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Certainly not mine.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
One person who shall remain nameless but goes above and beyond in this area.

14. Where did most of your money go?
My bank. And there it shall stay until I go home and buy that car.

Otherwise, my vacation to Europe. Which was worth every penny.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Er, Deploying to Kosovo? (hey, this was left here from the last year I did this!

Also, Greece, Bulgaria, going on Leave. . .

16. What songs will always remind you of 2005?
I've been so out of the loop that no song really reminds me of 2005. Most songs I hear are from years past.

I guess that one song "Don't you wish your Girlfriend was Hot like Me", but I won't even mention what picture in my head this song evokes.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
I'm doing wonderful now. But I was doing pretty good this time last year too. Although I was kind of sad to be leaving my family for a year.

ii. Thinner or fatter?
About the same really. I want to get into better shape.

iii. Richer or poorer?
Definitely Richer. Something about a deployment pads your wallet a bit.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I regret not going to Bulgaria twice. I should have gone again but what's done is done. And how it worked out, well, I couldn't have gone a second time.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
I could go on. But perhaps my blog is not the place to discuss this.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I slept in until Noon. And then I went to church. Opened one gift from my roomie, who's a sweetheart (and Ironically, she's Muslim.)

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
You know, I'm not sure. . . yet.

23. How many one night stands?
(I'll keep last year's answer) I think I need to get laid before I think about this.

24. What were your favourite TV programmes?
Hehe. BWAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

What TV Programs? Who am I kidding, when have I ever sat down and watched TV?

Well, anyway, I've been busy collecting the Seasons of Sliders, Twilight Zone, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I stand by my love of Mutants.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
My goodness, I can not for the life of me think of a more appropriate question then this one. I normally do not hold ill will toward people and think that Hate is a very strong word but. . . YES!

26. What was the best book you read?
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Shut up now, I'm a Harry Potter Fan.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rockabilly and All Girl Cover Bands.

28. What did you want and get?
If I wanted it, I bought it.

29. What did you want and not get?
Freedom and a change of wardrobe.

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
I liked Domino and Just Like Heaven, but I am so out of the loop that I can't accurately answer this question.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Surprisingly, not much. I think they allowed me to sleep in. And I mailed stuff home.

25

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being in another section and under a different person then who I was under.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Green, brown and tan. Black Combat Boot. Accessorize with M16.

M16 goes with everything.

34. What kept you sane?
Um, this question doesn't apply to me as I am most certifiably insane.

But otherwise, my shrink. Literally.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Who uses the word 'Fancy' in this society.

For some reason, I'm not into any celebrities at the moment, or for that matter, at all during this year. You know how many movies I watched? Well, not very many.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Anything that dealt with Kosovo. Which is mainly a non issue to the rest of the states.

37. Who did you miss?
Everybody back home in the states. My friends and family mainly. THis is a stupid question in my circumstances.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Nate. And all of his buddies. And some of my foreign friends. And a few others that choose to remain anonymous.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
I learned how to stand up for myself and not take shit off nobody. A valuable lesson indeed. I will definitely retain this one.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Jet Plane by John Denver. Well, part of it anyway.

No comments: