5.11.2008

I'm Here

So, I made it. With plenty of time to spare.

Yes, that's right, I'm in Kentucky now.

I'm not exactly sure what I should or shouldn't be posting while I'm here in regards to military matters, because of the nature of the job of the drill sergeant, I will likely not post a lot of things in regards to my job, maybe just some vague details here and there, and I have no idea what's going to come of my poor neglected Milblog. I think I will be posting a lot of pictures though (I brought my camera) but not necessarily pictures of troops training, because that's a sensitive area. Mostly pictures of whatever I want to post pictures of. Like bugs, extreme close up shots of random normal objects, scenery, plants, Louisville, you know, just random strange pictures.

I think I could easily fall in love with Louisville. I just drove through it, but on those rare weekends off or the occaissional pass, I will have plenty to occupy my time with that one city.

Meanwhile, I am puttig myself on a diet and going to be working my butt off so when we do pick up our troops, I will be fit and ready to go. I do not want to be the weak link in my unit, though I'm really confident in the capabilities of my fellow drill sergeants that they might make me look like a hyperactive kid in a candy store in comparison. I've got great battle buddies as far as I can tell, and I think working with them will really help develop me as a drill sergeant and a leader.

But I'm here. I'll be here for a while before we even pick up troops too. I think I'll also be quite busy so don't expect much on the blog front. If I'm not posting, well, you should know why.

No comments: