Runnin' Around

Today was my first day off. I wanted to make the most of it. In the end, I think I only proceeded to aggravate myself.

It started off easy enough. I slept in. I slept in until about 9ish, which is quite late when I'm on orders, and enjoyed the extra sleep muchly. However, I had some things to take care of and I didn't want to waste the day away so I gathered my list of things I need and headed out.

First was me taking back my juicer, which I wasn't happy with because the strainer would clog up after I juiced two vegetables. I really want to get into juicing because I am working on getting more healthy but alas, when I got to the devil store itself, Wal-mart, they were sponsoring a 'Hooray for Heroes' day, which in and of itself isn't bad, but made parking near impossible. So I took the juicer back, walked around and got a free hot dog, and then came back and got some stuff and headed out.

One of the companies let their privates have a day of R&R because there were Basic Trainees everywhere. I largely left them alone, I was not in uniform after all.

Well, one of the things i picked up at Wal-Mart along with my juicer was a AC-Adapter which I could use to power my laptop or something along those lines. The thing is, I had a splicer in there already, because I have an iPod and my phone charger that I have to charge at the same time, and that thing got stuck in there. I swear I ended up pulling my dashboard out and killed my adaptor. Hopefully I just need a new fuse and it will be as good as new, but I fear I killed it and it will cost money to fix. The problem is, I need it. I don't get internet in my stupid house, because of the lead paint we all assume, so I actually have to sit in my car to get internet.

Well, after I headed over to Louisville, I realized that I forgot all my crap, like my little things telling me where the events were and how to get to things in Louisville. I did have my laptop, except for I somehow didn't charge it, my adapter isn't working, and I discovered, being Saturday, everything closes at Five.

Well, I know where everything is now. I plan on hitting the zoo, Churchill downs, Six Flags, Louisville Slugger Museum, and a hand full of other locales before I leave this place. There is also a lot of historical sites to check out as well.

Unfortunately gas is pricey, especially in Kentucky, and I don't have loads of time, and when we pick up our troops, well, say goodbye to free time and trips to Louisville. I do want to catch a horse race while I'm here though. And if I can, I'd like to try to get some pictures.

Well, I guess I can right this day off as a route recon/familiarization day. Tomorrow I'll make sure all my stuff at home is squared away and get ready for Monday.

At least we're getting off by five this week. When we pick up troops, I can say goodbye to regular workdays and say hello to sixteen hour days.

Ya know, I can't wait.

Now I have to go find a place to change my oil and see if they can't fix my adapter while they are at it.

No comments: