11.07.2006

School News and Latest Going Ons

I tested out of Computer Applications, which is great news, btw. And by the freakin' hair on my chin too. I had to pass the test with an 85% and I scored exactly 85%. What a load off! A little close for comfort, but I did it! One more class I won't have to worry about.

Meanwhile, my Image Editing class is doing pretty good. I'm still learning some new stuff, but a lot of it is reenforcements. I probably could have tested out of this class, but its to late now so I'm going to have to do it. My latest assignment is to make a poster for some kind of performing arts venue, and to be quite honest, performing arts really isn't my forte'. I'm thinking of doing one involving the Lippizanner Stallions, but if that won't be excepted, I have to find another idea. I'm thinking a Poetry slam might work.

In fact, I have an idea for a poetry slam as I type this. Hmm, so a Poetry slam it is! Or Lippizanner Stallions. One or the other.

So far, I love my Critical and Creative Thinking Class. At first, I was a little worried that I would grow bored with this class, or feel overwhelmed by it. But I'm getting back into the swing of things and fell right into a routine. I have struggled most with this class then any of them, but the content is awesome. I would like to consider myself a Critical Thinker of sorts, and I feel while taking this class that I am one. And I think it will help me be a more well rounded individual in other areas as well.

Success Strategies can be described as a 'welcome to college' class, with some ideas of how to better yourself as a student and a person in the work field. It does have some very helpful information, and I have discovered more then a couple links between this class and my critical thinking class. Most of the students in my critical thinking class are in their later terms in college, coming toward the end, where this class you take within your first couple . I specifically asked for the critical thinking class so that I could get it done, and looking back, this was the perfect quarter to take it.

And so far, I'm getting all A's. I'm not sure if the method of grading is just more slack then a traditional classroom or if I'm just better suited for this type of learning environment. Honestly, I have found that I am absorbing the material and doing it at my own pace better then I had been in the normal classroom, but fortunately I tend to be a good student regardless of where I learn. I'm just glad that I am able to adapt to this style of learning so well.

We'll see how it goes!

No comments: