9.22.2008

The Loss of a Child

My sister Arah went through a tramatic experience of losing her daughter shortly after birth last November. However, she took this very trying experience and have used to to help others in her same situation. I have a lot of respect for her because of it, I don't know if I could handle a situation like this with the strength she has shown.

The local newspaper interviewed her in regards to the various support groups she is now a part of in regards to her experience. You can read the article Here. It is very well done, and a bit of a tear jerker for me.

Her account is here. Her blog has a lot of accounts of her dealing with the loss of her daughter just over ten months ago. The groups she has taken part in has really helped her cope with her loss and has given her daughter's life meaning. I'm very proud of her.

No comments: