9.15.2008

My Listy List of Lists

Alright, so I like to do posts about lists, quite a bit actually. Despite being a highly disorganized, very hight strung individual, I often times like to write down goals of what I hope to accomplish, and hope to someday accomplish them.

Take for instance my new years resolution. I generally write my resolutions down January 1st and then I don't really look at them until the following January 1st. For the record, I just looked at them and I'm already on epic fail mode. But I'll discuss that on January 1st.

In the great tradition of lists, seeing as my time has been freed up quite significantly, I rented The Bucket List and it got me to thinking about how I would like to make a list of things to do before I die, or just things to do in my lifetime, what I want to accomplish, whatever. Because things to do before I die does sound a bit morbid.

I could have sworn I had blogged about this before, but I am having difficulty finding that particular post.

Hmm. . .

BTW, I surfed the internet looking for things that interested me. Some of these may never be attainable, but who knows? Life is short, but a lot can happen. Some items are big, others are miniscule. But they are all things I would like to do before I die.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE I DIE


  • Step foot on every continent.
  • Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
  • Walk along the Great Wall of China.
  • Go on an African Sufari
  • Visit Dubrovnic, Croatia
  • See the Louvre
  • Backpack across a country
  • Scuba Dive the Barrier Reef
  • Climb the Pyramids in Egypt
  • Go to all 50 States
  • Hike the Grand Canyon from one side to the other
  • See the Statue of Liberty
    0 - Adventure:
  • Swim with Dolphins
  • Learn to play the Guitar
  • Write a novel and get it published
  • Illustrate a Children's book
  • Learn to Surf
  • Bungee Jump
  • Sky Dive
  • Paraglide
  • Get my Pilots License
  • Compete in a Triatholon
  • Earn My Wings
  • Run Bloomsday in under an Hour
  • Run a Half Marathon
  • Run a Marathon
  • Participate in an Improv Everywhere Project
  • Do a trick, in the air, on a snowboard. And don't kill myself doing it.
  • Max the APFT at least once before getting out of the army.
  • 100 push-ups
  • Make up to Combatives Level 3
  • Take up a Martial Art
  • Be an Extra in a Movie (and actually show up in the completed film)
  • Take a Photography Course
  • Learn Archery
  • Fence
  • Learn to Juggle
  • Learn how to dance (swing, salsa, tango, all that jazz)
  • Get a belly dancing outfit and learn how to belly dance.
  • Learn to speak German Fluently
  • Do a 24 Hour Comic
  • Participate in Nanowrimo successfully.
  • Marry my Best Friend

OFF THE LIST

  • Drive Across America
  • See Europe
  • Ride in a Gondola in Venice, Italy
  • Ride a horse on the beach
  • Spend the summer in a National Park
  • Go to Oktoberfest in Munich Germany
  • Buy a DSLR Camera
  • Do a Webcomic
  • Paint a Self Portrait
  • Ride in a Helicopter

Some sources of inspiration?
The Best article - 50 Things to Do before you Die
Your100Things
2do before i die
100 Things by Squido

This is a work in progress. I'll keep adding as I go.

No comments: