8.28.2005

On The Radar Again

Boy do I love it when this happens </Sarcasm>

Apparently, I'm under investigation for things I've posted on my blog again. Though I have been trying to keep my postings about operational activities in Kosovo to a bare minimum (which in turn all but killed my Milblog) and trying not to talk about things going on in theater, every once in a while I find something I want to talk about that interferes with the military. Fancy that. And every once in a while I slip up.

Anyway, apparently now my blog has been sent to the JAG office and I'll likely hear something back on it here in the not to do distant future. I guess this is reminder that as a soldier, my right to free speech is not necessarily a right, especially in leau of the mission. I am aware of this, which is one of the reasons why I have avoided politics while I've been in uniform. But sometimes its hard not to say something when your life is the army 24/7. Which is why I sometimes go into a dry spell for periods of time.

I don't know what I would do if I were in Iraq with this. I probably would forego the blog entirely.

Note to the G3 and JAG. Offending post has been removed, and yes, I have been briefed on what I can and cannot post when I first got here. My command does check up regularly on my blog to make sure I do not post anything in violation with OPSEC. I will make a stronger effort in the future to remain in compliance.

That is all.

No comments: