9.15.2006

Old Fandoms Reemerge

Once upon a time, I was a major geek.

Ah, who am I kidding? I still am.

I've been watching Season 5 of Smallville, and one of my favorite characters on the show is Lex Luthor, mainly because of the screen presence of Michael Rosenbaum, and out of morbid curiousity I checked out IMDB to see what the guy looks like when he actually has hair.

When I went to the site and saw his list of credits, I noticed that he was in line to voice Tanthalis Half Elven in the new Dragonlance Movie.

???

When was I going to get in the ballgame on this and learn they were actually going to make a Dragonlance Movie? When I first discovered the internet back in 1999, the primary websites I visited at the time were Dragonlance Themed. And I had always wondered what it would be like to see a Dragonlance Movie. And with the rousing success of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, a lot of DL Fans were just anticipating the making of a Dragonlance Movie.

I was included in this fandom of course. And to bring it full circle, Michelle Trachtenberg aka Dawn from Buffy the Vampire Slayer will be voicing Tika. They got some other excellet voice talent. I don't know Jason Marsden, but I do recognize his voice. He better not destroy Tasslehoff (but I think he'll be fine)

I hope they don't butchor it with sloppy animation, but I hope everything comes out OK. Hey, I'm excited to hear they are even contimplating such a thing.

Yes, once again I must confirm that I am indeed a geek.

Once you watch a movie from an LCD HD screen, its hard to go to your standard Tube Television.

Now I have to go back to watching Smallville.

No comments: