1.27.2008

A Piece of Nastalgia for You

Little known fact about me, when I was about 8 years old, I was in violin lessons. And unlike most kids at that age, I actually loved the Violin and enjoyed playing it. I wasn't really that good though.

So me, being the techno geek that I am with all of the toys for doing this kind of stuff, I was set out to do a project for my family that I've been meaning to do, which includes transfering all of our old vhs tapes to digital.

So, back in the winter of 1988, my family filmed a christmas video for my grandparents in California. My dad, who I love dearly by the way, is a complete dork in it and keeps mentioning Metamorphosis and uses a lot of big words while the rest of us shyly look on and get embarrassed when we are in front of the camera.

Me? I'm quite adorable. And also show evidence of being the youngest in a family of eight, and as such, well, I'm a bit of a brat. There is a rendition of me throwing a fit because dad asked me what we were going to sing to the grandparents, I wanted to sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, and my sister shouted out "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" first.

So, what did I do? I threw a fit.

But that video is out of season. In the meantime, enjoy a piece of yours truly playing a violin. You might want to turn down the sound, because it is quite painful to listen too.

And it took next to pulling teeth to get my mother to dress me like this. Because I usually had my hair back and wore a t-shirt and jeans with the knees ripped out of them.

No comments: