5.17.2009

Impulses

I took the cat back to the humane society today. They say there is no guarantee he'll be put out for an adoption, but I spent enough money on a cat I wasn't going to be able to keep that I didn't want to spend a few extra bucks to make sure he was put up for adoption.

So I may have sent the poor kitty to his death. *sighs* What else could I do though? I took a bunch of pictures of him before I did, because I love taking pictures and he is quite photogenic.

Yes, I need to take lessons in impulsiveness and reign those in a little more. I shouldn't have gotten a cat in the first place, but every now and then, I need a couple of expensive lessons in why I don't have certain items or why I don't do certain things. Like bring home an animal I am in no position to take care of.

But I have to admit, I have well thought out impulses. I get a bug in my head and I just want to carry through until i get something. If I can't get it and then am forced to sit on it, I usually talk myself out of it.

So I think I'm going to take that as a lesson. Next time I get an impulse that I feel needs to be accomplished that day, no matter how well thought out I think the impulse is (because I really think a lot about them, honest!) I'm going to sit on it for a day.

Unfortunately I get hit up a lot on those one day only things, where you feel you have to do it right then and there for it to get done.

Yeah, sure. Um, I'll work on that. Honest.

No comments: