9.07.2005

Latest Relationship News

I learned quite a bit about relationships while being here in Kosovo, though both myself and Nate will admit that on a deployment stuck in one place is not the best place to carry out a relationship, but we still managed to have fun now and again.

So, where am I going with this? Well, while we were in Bulgaria we encountered the first time in our relationship where we were outside of Bondsteel. We even shared a hotel room, so truthfully it was the first time we had the opportunity to have complete privacy. (don't worry mom and dad, seperate beds, and nothing happened) But it was coming back I realized how much I care about Nate and how much fun I have with him. . . as a friend. But there is nothing else there, just the fact that we both agree that we're good friends. He's probably the best friend I've had since I've been here.

So after we came back from Bulgaria, something was just bothering me about the trip (I'll go into the trip itself later) and I realized that there was nowhere else to go with our relationship as it stood. And the small fact of me being a 24 year old virgin (yes, I'll even freakin' admit it!) I knew that he wasn't the one and I had stated from the moment that we started dating that I wasn't going to go that step.

Breaking up with Nate was difficult for me to do, because I didn't really know how he would feel and I didn't want to hurt him, but when I finally talked to him, he told me he had similar feelings, and in my last lesson from him, he wanted me to break up with him.

It turned out to be a mutual break up, but the one thing I feared when I broke up with him was that I would lose his friendship, which thankfully was not the case. We even ended up eating dinner together yesterday.

Apparently the news that we broke up shocked his friends, who didn't see it coming. But I think both of us did.

So, the news is, well, I'm single again. . .

I wonder what kind of news that will bring to the Minions?

And don't worry, the Anthrax was not needed.

No comments: