5.30.2005

Art

I put up my art page with the ability to leave comments a long time ago, but for some reason they never appeared on the actual page so I never read them. And being deployed, it was hard for me to manage it and to get around to actually read it.

Until now.

I finally got the coding on my art page fixed so that the comments left to me by people would show up on the actual page, which makes me think pretty cool. Though some people show very little class.

Like the second person on this page.

Dude, nobody forced you to surf my site. Gees.

I don't mind when people tell me my art sucks, just as long as they explain why. If they can't explain why they don't like it, that's fine too, as long as they're tactful about it. There is plenty of art in this world that I don't like for whatever reason, and I've seen a lot of art from people who are really good but I just think that the art sucks. That's the beauty of art. You don't have to like it.

I wish I knew when he posted that comment, it was probably several months ago, and it bugs me that I'm only now seeing it, because my art page is a static blog. I use blogger to update it. I use blogger to update a lot of my site really.

UPDATE - Mystery solved, comment made on March 18th. What a loser.

I'm doing more with my art now, though I wouldn't classify it as being Fine Art, more illustration wise. I'm going to try to put up a page for that art specifically. Unfortunately, with only a sketchbook and a scanner, I've gone to doing mostly cartoon type stuff.

When I get home, I think I'm going to sign up for some art classes. I really want to get back into my art.

In a semi-related note. I just watched Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time ever.

What an experience. I'm pretty much speechless.

I don't get it.

No comments: