11.04.2005

Did I mention November would be Nuts?

Latest on Nanowrimo?

I don't want to even mention where I'm at in this story. But I'm not going to sweat it, I have a tendency to write a lot when I'm in the mood. I wrote 15,000 words in a few days once (during this deployment), so if I can focus on it, I think I can manage. Its just that procrastination trait that is so prominant in my personality that I have to keep an eye on.

Meanwhile, the army is keeping me busy this month, which is a good thing, because if they keep me busy, the time goes by quicker. This month I'm basically helping out with the Urinalysis again (our section has it) and I'll be doing that every few days, along with manning the hearing booth. I'm also helping out with the Year Book and managing the Task Force Slide Show for Thanksgiving as well as helping conduct the Christmas Party for December. Then there is the usual reports, such as the DNBI report among other things. And we're getting ready for our replacements for 'when' they get here (that's classified) Man, I'm busier now that I got fired from my regular job then I ever was before! (er, I didn't really talk about that for good reason) And if I'm lucky *crosses fingers and hopes*, I might get a slot for the Schutzenshnur. What is that strange german word you might ask?

Its a German Marksmanship badge. Which would look freakin' SWEET on my Class A's (that I will never wear now that I'm getting out of the military, for now) But it is a big maybe. If I can get to the range, I think I can get it. I just have to hope that I can get a slot. And as it appears, there is a good chance I might get a slot, if things work out alright. Its on my calender, just in case.

And between all of this, I'm trying to write a 50,000 word novel and do a bunch of art exchanges just to keep my time occupied.

HAH! That's real funny. Now about that 50,000 word novel I'm 'working' on. . .

No comments: