I know the timeframe, I'll be glad if we get out of here within two weeks of our projected 'we're going home' date.
And because my re-up date has come, and gone, I'm getting a bunch of questions and emails and stuff asking me if I want to re-enlist.
It's like the Godfather. You think you got out, but they pull you back in!
Meanwhile, I'm busy at work making a slide show for the amusement of people within my task force, to include a lot of pictures of myself so people get to laugh at my expense. I have no problem with this, because 'usually' I don't take myself that seriously anyway. But sometimes people need to take me a little more seriously then they do.
Anyway, I'm going home in a couple of months. What do I have to look forward to?
- I can Wear whatever I want!
- Share the road with other cars, trucks, whatever, and be able to drive 65 MPH.
- Not sharing the road with Kosovo Harleys, Horse Drawn Carts and tractors going about 5 KPH.
- Things will be in Miles instead of Kilometers again!
- I will not longer require a converter for my appliances!
- Fast Food consists of more then Cinnabon, Burger King, and Anthony's Pizza.
- Fine Dining is more then just going to eat at KFOR Main.
- Television will consist of more then 5 scrambled channels without every other commercial being about anti Terrorism and OPSEC.
- Goodby to IPKO, my unreliable internet provider (well, reliable as far as Kosovo goes)
- I can see a movie the day it comes out like everyone else, instead of waiting for three or more months to see it at the Theater.
- Guys won't be so desperate when the male female ratio will no longer be 20:1.
- I can shop at more places then just the PX.
- I am not required to wear a hat every time I step outdoors.
- I can wear earrings.
- Bubble Bath!
- As much as I love shooting big guns, I will be glad to be rid of my 'security blanket' when I leave this place. Having a rifle with you 24/7 is a PITA.
- I don't have to share my bathroom with 19 other women.
- No longer will I have to see a nice pile of crap in the toilet every time I have to go number 2. (Long story. Its the toilets here. They're weird)
- I don't have to share my Bedroom with anybody.
- I can Drink if I want to! (Ok, so I don't drink, but that is what will be on top of many people's lists)
- I get to pay for Gas again! (oh wait, that's negative)
So that's what I'm leaving here that I can't wait to see the end of. Except that last one. But while I'm on that same token, this is what I'll miss about this place.
- Free Food (granted, its gross, but its free!)
- Transportation is paid everywhere I go.
- Tax Free Zone!
- No Rent.
- No Bills other then the ones I left behind.
- Meeting people from all over Europe.
- Greece and Bulgaria.
- MWR is Cool.
Hmm, I'll make another list right before I leave.