11.04.2004

NaNoWriMo

Well, foolishly, I signed up for National Novel Writers Month, and am expected to write a 50,000 word novel in the thirty days that is november. I'm a little behind on the ball, but I think I can do this. I have a tendency to sit down and write.

I had this story in my head for some time and I thought I would go ahead and write that.

Well, it's november fourth, and I'm about a little over a thousand words into it.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
1,373 / 50,000
(2.0%)


Not off to a strong start, but then again, beginnings were always my weak points and this is no exception. My opening sucks, but fortunately, the purpose of NaNoWriMo is quantity, not quality. To break down those barriers of self consciousness by just spewing the words out. Makes sense, but that's what I usually do. As I get rolling, I'll be spitting this crap out. And i won't have this big election anticipation to bog me down.

I think the book will drag quite a bit, but usually I find that I do well with stand alone storylines within the rest of the plot. Sometimes I'm a strong writer, other times I don't know what I'm doing. Eh, that's life.

And on a side note, I have decided that whichever way this novel goes, I will publish it online for all to see. Prepare for it to be really Bad.

UPDATE - Eh, I forgot a little thing called, "I'm getting Deployed."

I don't have time to write a 50,000 word novel!

I have to also invest in a laptop. I want to continue the story, but I will continue it at my pace.

No comments: